Thursday, February 11, 2010

Printmaking

During my first semester of my second year at Midwestern, I took a course in Printmaking. There are lots of different printmaking processes, so the course was focused on the screen printing process. Which, in case you thought was a relaxing process, is very difficult. There are so many little things that can go wrong, and so many of those things are beyond the control of the artist! It was a stressful semester. Despite that initial shock, I really did enjoy the class. In fact, the works from the course are, with out a doubt, among my most proud. Not only do these works stand out because of the quality I feel they hold, but I can't help but also recall the time and dedication that I had to give every detail of every print.

Oh- and remember when I swore off ever creating a representation of a gas mask ever again? I spoke too soon. My professor suggested incorporating my series from Drawing II into this new media. And, I must admit, it was pretty interesting to take something I had viewed and created so many times and recreate it in such a new way.

"Evacuate"
2009, screen print, edition of 5


"The Enemy"
2009, screenprint, edition of 5

"Pogo by Walt Kelly- Part I"
2009, screenprint, edition of 5

"Pogo by Walt Kelly- Part II"
2009, screenprint, edition of 5



"Contemplate"
2009, screenprint, edition of 18





No comments:

Post a Comment