Thursday, February 11, 2010

Gas Mask Series



During my second semester of freshman year, I took Drawing II. For about the first half of the semester we focused on one series of work, with the image of which being selected from a giant still life set up on the first day of class. I just so happened to choose the gas mask because I found the contrast along the surface to be most interesting, and after roughly eight weeks of drawing it, I swore I would never draw one again.

(Also- due to "creative differences" between blogspot and I, I've finally decided to try a different way of posting picutres so that I don't have to spend hours editing just to get one post to align. My computer screen is an abnormal size and tends to adjust the page a bit, so I apologize if the layout is a bit off.)

"Gas Mask Series- Line Drawings"

2009, india ink pens


"Gas Mask Series- Graphite"
2009, graphite

"Gas Mask Series- Graphite Diptych"

2009, graphite

No comments:

Post a Comment